Sunday, November 20, 2016

Weird day today.

We have an online scheduling system. You can send a message out to ask for shifts, you can release a shift to pick up, etc. I grabbed a shift today for server, but a glitch gave me the host shift. I showed up dressed for host when they expected me to serve. A whole lot of mess, other people called out, I ended up serving in the bar area which I've never done before.

The bar area is half/half bartender and a server. With the games today, everyone wanted to be there to be able to see the TVs. After the night server came in, I was helping the host with to-go's and seating while my tables finished up and I did my sidework.
A couple insisted on sitting at a certain table - bartender's section. I brought them over, and bartender scolded me, "You see this table has menus still and the bar is full, why are you seating me?"
I told him they wanted that table and I could ask someone else to take it. It just made me feel very small.

Today was good and bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment